Professional Services Tenders
Professional Services Tenders
Tenders and Bids can be a great way for professional services firms (accounting, legal, recruiting, architectural and others) to secure a pipeline of work for a fixed period of time. Appointment to a panel can provide fee certainty, and lead to appointments to other panels – both government and private.
Our team has a history of helping professional services firms secure appointment to government and private sector panels including insurance firms. This experience includes:
- Assisting a number of mid and top tier law firms secure appointments as panel firms to insurance companies as well as a number of government departments. This included expanding on practice areas and being appointed on a panel as a new entrant.
- Writing a bid for an accounting and consulting firm to secure auditing work and other works for six large government departments.
- Assisting a number of recruitment firms to secure panel positions on three of NZ’s largest listed corporations.
We understand how to sell professional services and the importance of tailoring your proposal to reflect the requirements of the tender and best demonstrate your expertise and experience.
How we can assist you
Should you engage us to write your bid we will:
- Review the RFP documents and coordinate the response.
- Guide on you making a bid/no bid decision to ensure that the time spent in writing the bid will be worth your investment.
- Gather information from your internal personnel as required, including challenging your internal personnel where required to ensure we get the right information to deliver a quality outcome.
- Project managing the bid process including managing an internal issues as they arise.
- Writing your first draft, reviewing and finalising your response.
- Developing graphics and infographics as required.
Strategies to win professional services tenders
Strategies our writers (and you can) use to win legal, recruitment, accounting, engineering, investigations, finance and other professional services tenders and bids include:
- Tailor your experience to the opportunity. For example, if you are bidding to being appointed to a government panel, you need to present yourself as a government specialist with a strong interest in Government.
- Strike the right balance – between depth of experience and ability to delegate down to drive value and the hands-on involvement of your senior partners and personnel. Clients want to know they will receive quality, expert advice. At the same time, they will want to know that you have the depth of resources to handle large and complex matters or projects where required. Your bid must give them confidence you will deliver.
- Focus on your service ability as well as your expertise and experience. With most professional services tenders, there is a focus on your ability to service the client, as well as your expertise and experience. A lot goes into delivering on a contract from reporting, to project management, resolving issues and managing the relationship. Your tender needs to comprehensively respond to questions and service capability and continuous improvement.
- Write for procurement – All government and most private sector organisations generally use a formal procurement process. They work off a weighted-criteria to mark each and every question individually and combine them to come with a ranking. You need to write a comprehensive responses to each and every question and ensure you score highly in each question – even areas you think are irrelevant such as environmental processes.
Call our team today for help with your next tender or bid. We service all areas of New Zealand such as Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington.